Tuesday 5 August 2008

_Publish and Be Damned 2008




_This Sunday saw the 3rd annual 'Publish and Be Damned' fair at the Rochelle school in East London - Hot, humid and rather agoraphobic, where the damned hang out, after all. As per usual, a wide range of publications, some easily classifiable (agit-proppy, uni-raggy photocopies with no content and boring visuals) others much, much more interesting (namely OogaBooga, Ari, and Useless). Good and bad to see how the event has grown and changed. I wish I’d had more time and a big comfy chair to have a better look through everything, but if it had been quieter I’d have had to have more of those awkward, polite conversations with the artists. Although some of those conversations were the best part of going to the event. Despite the feelings of panic and despair this event provoked (maybe I’d had one too many 'St John' Brownies and a few too many beers) I managed to buy some excellent publications and am happy.

No comments: