Monday 26 January 2009

_Hotel Chevalier: Paris, Marc, Yellow






_Wes Anderson's short film "Hotel Chevalier" is absolutely lovely, and it makes me want to go go Paris for the menswear AW09 shows SO badly.

Sigh. I miss Paris. I could board a plane RIGHT NOW and spend a few days snuggled up in the hot pink carpeted gloriousness that is the Hotel Amour. I'd take my petit déjeuner at the Rose Bakery and then walk around for hours until I made it to the Palais de Tokyo for some art browsing, book buying, and a tidy salad at Tokyo Eat. I'd then wander aimlessly again, maybe stopping for some macarons (pistachio, anise, and rosewater) at Laduree before finding my way to Deyrolle where I'd hang out with a lion or a cougar...or maybe the zebra if he's not tied up. There would absolutely be a stop at my favorite bookstore on the planet, Shakespeare & Company. I would make sure not to leave before typing a poem on the ancient typewriter hidden up the stairs. Dinner would then be three courses at Astier followed by some selections from the biggest cheese basket in the world (a basket three times the size of your head!!!), and then a long walk home in the twinkle that is Paris after dark.

Oh, Paris. J'taime.

No comments: