Wednesday 24 December 2008

_Last night I found this postcard . . .



_In a box, covered in all sorts of shite stickers, among a load a load of other teenage crap.

But, despite that, I remember buying this postcard - I was 13, and on a family trip to Scarborough, and the only place I could find that satisfied a boys 'visual needs' was the classic 90's poster store 'Athena' and I bought this. It was then this image, along with an image by Alair Gomez that inspired me to loose 7stone as a teenager.

And its only upon re-finding this image, I discover it is a Bruce Weber photograph, of the Stolzfus Twins, taken in Santa Barbara in 1982. Brilliant - one of my favourite photographers ever, and I discover an image bought over 10 years ago, and constantly influencing me, is actaully by one of my greatest living creative inspirations.

No comments: