Tuesday 17 March 2009

_Afri Cola



_For quite a few years now, I have collected the 'Afri' Cola bottles - I had no knowledge about them, I just knew that I loved the Logo. Then my dad noticed the bottles in my room and started to tell me how their campaigns were really cult in the 1960's and how dark and sexual their advertising campaigns were. He was right.

Wiki info:
Afri has been around since 1931 and operated during World War II with dirty means a tough campaign against his greatest enemy, Coca-Cola. During the 1960s it seemed as if the African Cola was losing cola war in the German market. In an attempt to gain market share redesign was the bottle of Jupp Ernst and photographer and filmmaker Charles Wilp created suggestive and easily mad films and campaigns. Sales increased and the films and promotional material considered today to be cult.

No comments: