Saturday 14 March 2009

_I'm Currently Watching . . .




_The 90's classic 'My So Called Life', Launched in 1994 "My So-Called Life" was a realistic mid-nineties teen drama series that focussed on Angela - a 15 year-old girl and her trials and tribulations with being a teenager and dealing with friends, guys, parents and school.

Here's why I am grateful for this glorious show.

1. More plaid styling combinations than you can shake a fist at. this aired at the same time marc jacobs launched his first grunge collection. amazing.

2. Claire danes and her manic panic "crimson glow" red hair.

3. The way they captured teenage angst and "real issues".

4. The word "like". always excessive and always perfect.

5. Jordan Catalano. he should have been number one on this list.

6. The soundtrack...the cardigans, buffalo tom, r.e.m, and the violent femmes to name a few.

7. Rayanne's outfits, hairstyles, and saucy comments.

8. How this show is an incredible 90s time capsule. but in the most non-hollywood, non glossy portrayal.

9. The quotability factor. such dry and clever humor.

I've been mildly obsessed with this show since 1994 and I still reference it way too much.

No comments: